Last Seasons Blog

Last Seasons Blog is still available to view via this link.
I do ask for a €2 donation from each walker, but only once per week. Half goes to S.O.S Animals, Spain and the other half going to ARCH Horse charity, AID Animal Charity and CUDECA.

Sunday 6 November 2016

The Show goes on without me.

There we things to organise and things to do, there was the Sponsored Fun Walk for S.O.S Animals to organise and lead, there was the trip to the Caminito del Rey to finalise, and here I was in a hospital bed being told to stay calm.

It was then that I realised what a fantastic group of walkers and friend I had. They were not going to let things stop just because I wasn't there and several of the group got together and carried on where I had unfortunately been forced to leave off.

The sponsored walk was a great success and raised almost €1200 for the charity, which included €105 raised by John Staton's cake raffle.

The trip to the Caminito was another success with Paula organising the meet up and convoy to the attraction and John Milborrow sorting out the lunch at El Kiosko.

There was no question that anything was going to stop, apart from a couple of walks that got missed before we could set up a working party to run things in my absence, and a change to the schedule, the walking group will continue. I am hoping to be back at the helm at the start of the New Year.

A huge thanks to all who stepped into the breach.
A huge thanks for all the good wishes and to those who have been so helpful and selfless.



No comments:

Post a Comment