Last Seasons Blog

Last Seasons Blog is still available to view via this link.
I do ask for a €2 donation from each walker, but only once per week. Half goes to S.O.S Animals, Spain and the other half going to ARCH Horse charity, AID Animal Charity and CUDECA.

Thursday 20 April 2017

The First ‘Walking for Wellness’

Wednesday 19th April 2017 saw the first outing of the ‘Walking for Wellness’ group, and I have formed this extra group for those of us who are not able to tackle some of the longer or more hilly routes. This first walk saw a group of 15 of us rambling along the banks of the Rio Guadalhorce and through the wonderful display of wild flowers.

The route was only 7 kms and contained only one reasonably easy incline and was, I believe, enjoyed by all of those who took part. Not only is there a physical benefit to the walking but also a social aspect, as a great deal of chatting goes on during the walk, and this one ended with a bar nearby where some of us took refreshment.

I certainly am a glutton for punishment as I now have 3 groups that I administer and walk with whenever the route is suitable. At least this keeps me from getting bored.



No comments:

Post a Comment